Frequently Asked Questions
Are your products vegetarian/vegan friendly?
Yes! Care has been taken (through research) to ensure everything that goes into my products contains no animal products. All of my soy wax candles are made with 100% soy wax and contain either pure essential oils or high grade perfume oils. I do not test any of my products on animals and all the ingredients I use are cruelty free.
Why soy wax?
Soy wax has many environmental and health benefits:
- It is a vegetable wax made from the oil of soybeans, therefore is an entirely natural product that’s safe for your skin and respiratory system
- It is a renewable source, unlike paraffin wax
- It is a carbon neutral product, meaning you can enjoy your candle knowing it hasn’t had a negative impact on the environment
- It burns on average 40-50% slower than paraffin wax, resulting in long-lasting candles therefore giving you better value for money
- It is clean burning and doesn’t release toxins, carcinogens or pollutants
Sweet Almond Oil is used in some of our beauty products (which will be highlighted in the ingredients section) as it’s a great moisturiser for all skin types and is absorbed easily leaving a thin satiny feeling on the skin. It’s what helps my beauty products look, smell and feel so fantastic!
Do your beauty products stain?
No! My beauty products, especially bath bombs, are made using water colours. We do not use pigments in our products so there is no risk of staining AND they are so gentle and kind to the skin.
Do you use recycled packaging?
Yes! Recycling and using recycled packaging/products is part of my small business ethos. I take great pride in sourcing materials to make and present my products from carefully selected companies: recycled glass, recycled plastics, recycled cardboard.
My new cardboard tubes have been carefully sourced as the company supports onetreeplanted.org. They support reforestation around the world. This helps offset carbon emissions, whilst supporting communities, providing jobs and helping with climate regulation. We can all do our small parts to make a big difference.
Soy washes away with warm soapy water making it easy to repurpose the tins or jars once the candle has burned down. You can bring the tin or jar back to a recycle point or you can reuse the vessel to store your trinkets in such as buttons, spices or pins
Caring for your soy wax candle:
- Keep the wick trimmed to around 5mm
- To prevent ‘tunnelling’ always burn your candle long enough for the wax to melt to the edge of the tin or jar – this will take around 2-4 hours on the first burn depending on the container
- The high percentage of oil (10%) may cause discolouration and air bubbles, especially with surrounding temperature changes. This won’t affect the scent or burn time of your candle
- For safety, never leave your lit candle unattended
- Burn on a flat and protected surface
- If you experience any problems with your candle please don’t hesitate to contact me
Where are your products made?
Every single product is handmade by me in my studio in Lancashire.
If you have any additional questions please fill in the below form to send an email!